A Christ Centered 12 Step Program
Celebrate Recovery Ministry is a place to celebrate God's healing power in our lives! By working and applying these Biblical principles, one can begin to grow spiritually and become free from addictive, compulsive, and dysfunctional behaviors. This freedom creates peace, serenity, joy, and most importantly a stronger personal relationship with God and others. Offered on Thursday evenings with a potluck at 6:00, large group at 6:45 and classes beginning at 7:00. Childcare is available for infants and up. Click here to learn more.
Providing the framework for our daily walk with God for restoration and ongoing healing of our lives.
You've heard the expression "time heals all wounds." Unfortunately, it isn't true. Some people are still carrying hurts from 30 or 40 years ago. The truth is, time often makes things worse. Wounds left untended fester and spread infection throughout your entire body. Celebrate Recovery is a biblically balanced program developed at Saddleback Valley Community Church in California to help people overcome their hurts, habits, and hang-ups. Based on the actual words of Jesus rather than psychological theory, the recovery program has proved extremely effective in helping people manage addictive behaviors.
Why Celebrate Recovery is Unique
- It is based on God's Word, the Bible.
- It is forward-looking. Rather than rehearsing painful memories over and over, Celebrate Recovery focuses on the future.
- It emphasizes personal responsibility. Instead of playing the "accuse and excuse" game of victimization, this program helps people face up to their own poor choices and deal with what they can do something about.
- It emphasizes spiritual commitment to Jesus Christ.
- It utilizes the biblical truth that we need each other in order to grow spiritually and emotionally.
- It addresses all types of habits, hurts, and hang-ups. Celebrate Recovery is a "large umbrella" program under which a limitless number of issues can be dealt with.
How Celebrate Recovery Works
This unique program is built around small group interaction and the fellowship of a caring community. Its foundation is the New Testament principle that we don't get well by ourselves. We need each other. Fellowship and accountability, exercised in a trusting and confidential environment, are two important components of spiritual growth.
Who It's For
Celebrate Recovery is not just for people with alcohol or drug problems. Celebrate Recovery is for people with any addictive behaviors that cause their lives to be managed by these behaviors. It seems like every day we hear or know of people who suffer from addictions to gambling, sex, food, money, divorce and many other problems. Celebrate Recovery is also for people who love and care for people who are addicted to destructive behaviors. We also have a group for women recovering from sexual abuse and trauma.
What To Expect
Celebrate Recovery meets each Thursday evening. We start the night with a potluck dinner at 6 PM. At 6:45, we move upstairs for a time of worship, followed by testimonies, teaching, and a video or a 12-step reading. At 7:00 we break up into men's and women's small groups that focus on a particular area of recovery. We end the evening with a time of fellowship and snacks at 8:30.